Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dollhouses: Am I Crazy?

In Cape Breton, I have a favorite antiques store that I must visit every year. Myles from Nowhere is in Margaree Forks, by the Co-op, in case you are passing through!

Anyway, I saw a number of crudely made dollhouses for sale there and while I was intrigued by them, they were much too ugly for me to consider buying.

A few days later, on a blog I frequent, Nie Nie Dialogues, I happened to see a beautiful little house used in her decor - I can only guess that it is a dollhouse. I love how it is used in the room and since I am always dreaming about how I will decorate my own home, I felt that I must look around to see what was out there.

And so last night I plunged into the world of dollhouses! It is an expensive and labour-intensive world. I was seriously afraid that I was getting myself into a new and pricey hobby.

Luckily after some searching I came across the most wonderful website - The Little Dollhouse Company - and their shop is literally across the street from my boss' restaurant! It was a great excuse to eat great meal and peruse the dollhouses. Which is what D. and I did today!
I bought the simplest, smallest kit they had, and I am in love with it already. I took it out of the box and fit it all together and it is the cutest little thing ever. I can't wait to start building it!

The only bad thing is I was in a store filled with expensive, small and ridiculous items. So I was totally in my element! I am afraid that I have started down a path...even D. was drawn to the little furniture and accessories. I think we might be in trouble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment