Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shopping Trip

I have a confession to make. I love shopping but I hate spending money. As the prices ring up at the register I become seriously grumpy. But at the same time I love choosing out things I like and use. I generally put off clothes and shoe shopping until I really, really need new stuff…because I’ve worn everything else until its ready for the ragbag.

My excuse today is I am about to get married and go on a honeymoon. We are going to Portugal, which is the land of his relatives. I will be meeting everyone in his family who couldn’t make the trip to Canada. It’s a super scary prospect. I’ve heard Europeans are really fancy! All the Europeans I know in real life are really fancy, and people, I am the opposite of fancy!

I went to Yorkdale Mall. Old Navy did me wrong with their sizing. I refuse to buy a larger size when I know in my soul that at any other store, I am a size 8. Old Navy can keep their rags! 

On to H&M, which I have never really liked per se. There is almost too much selection for my enjoyment…but I bought quite a few cute tops and two skirts. And oh, how those small prices turn into a big bill at the end of it all.

I stopped by Brown’s, a shoe store where I had window-shopped the cutest pair of gold flats.

I really needed black walking shoes for all the sightseeing I plan on doing. But I didn’t want to leave those gold beauties behind. So I didn’t.

I have a lot of issues with my feet. I inherited these wonky foot problems from my father, with "fallen  arches" included. From my mother, I received wide feet. The result is my feet have a shape that most shoes cannot accomodate. Shoes in general are torture devices to me. I have a closet full of flats that I can barely walk in. Heels are out of the question for my day to day life. I only wear heels for parties where I can sit down. Its really a problem for me. I am considering surgery to correct my feet but surgery!

Anyway after shoes it was time for a purse. I really wanted a Michael Kors bag but people! the prices! I gazed from outside the store and kept on going. I found something similar at Aldo. Sadly it smells, and not like buttery leather. It’s cute, though. One day an MK bag will be mine!

I made a quick trip to Danier leather for a passport holder (I have always wanted a passport holder but have never had a passport before now). Then I found some cute sandals at American Eagle so I picked those up for the beach.



The funnest (I don’t care it that’s not a word) thing was talking with the salesgirls about my trip. I met so many Portuguese women! It is extremely nice to be engaged because regular people are so nice to you.

Now that I’m home and I’ve added up my receipts I think I will have to wait at least 6 months before I can go shopping for me again…

No comments:

Post a Comment